I’m a computer addict living in the South East of England with my teenage son. I hail from the West Indies and dream of settling back there to enjoy beautiful sunshine, sunkist beaches and scrumptious food in a few years’ time. Mom and Dad raised us to be hardworking, kind, honest and true – so phrases like “By the sweat of your brow you shall eat bread”, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you” and “, “What good you do will be rewarded to your children 10-fold” are phrases that resonate with me and are the gems that I have lived by all my life.
I am a bit of a confusion to myself (and others) at times. If you pushed me I would describe myself as:
• a simple soul – I dont need much myself but I love being able to provide for my family;
• a bit of a perfectionist – I will tarry forever on one task until it is EXACTLY how I want it;
• a procrastinator – I will almost always put off anything I think I can get away with putting off;
• I am lazy. Plenty of others before me have set up systems that I can make full use of. Why reinvent the wheel? But once I get my hands on a system that works, I will tweak it if I can, and AUTOMATE that thing until it works with little or no intervention from me.
Automation is the key in my book. Anything that allows me to enjoy life and spend more time with friends and family, while helping others is worth a big green tick in my book. I don’t believe in putting all my eggs in one basket, which has lead me to work towards setting up systems where I can kill 2 birds with one stone. So now this ‘work once – reap many times attitude generates multiple income streams for me.
I admit, it has not been an easy ride – quite the contrary, it’s been a hard old slog. Even with Technical Project Management and Software Development as my professional background, I had several years of struggle with little to no success. You see I’m not good at selling – whether that be selling myself in an interview or selling a product to a friend. Heck, I couldn’t even sell water in a drought or fish to a starving seal if I tried. Simply put, I’m not a salesman, and frankly … I don’t want to be!
What I have learnt the hard way is that you need 3 things in place before you can hope to make any money online:
• the right mindset,
• a product you truly believe in, and
• a finely tuned automated system to handle the brunt of the work.
Once you have those 3 things in place, it puts you in a ‘Happy Place’. I’m smiling even now as I think about it.
Marcy’s Blog for New Internet Marketers is dedicated to helping struggling Internet Entrepreneurs to get to their `Happy Place`. If this sounds like a site that could help you, then don’t hesitate to drop by.
Here’s wishing you many blessings of Success!